Machine Learning Scientist Position Open
The Fathom Science team seeks an experienced Machine Learning Scientist to design and develop AI models to deliver fast and reliable environment prediction solutions. Our team operates at the intersection of AI algorithmic innovation and environment prediction software. We are a cross-disciplinary team of highly capable and motivated people with a collaborative, inclusive culture.
- The Machine Learning Scientist will help develop products using existing environmental databases to build reliable environment prediction models
- Design and implement machine learning techniques to improve model efficiency and accuracy
- Contribute to projects from inception to execution
- Develop algorithms and models in collaboration with product managers and software engineers to fulfill key R&D initiatives
- Collaborate effectively with other Fathom Science team members to ensure technology re-use and transfer of new capabilities to drive innovation
- Quickly learn and assimilate new R&D processes, ideas, and concepts to formulate conclusions and deliver results
- Identify features and data needed for machine learning solutions
- Stay current on specific AI technologies and apply them to applicable projects
- 5+ years of machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical science, or other related practice (including graduate work)
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, or Machine Learning
- 5+ years in a rapid prototyping environment such as Python or R.
- Experience with Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and clouding computing.
- Strong background in data modeling, dynamic system prediction, or related field
- A “can do,” proactive attitude, high energy, and creativity are required along with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written, and visual communication skills, with ability to present findings concisely and effectively
- Ability to collaborate effectively with developers and program management on objectives, requirements, and design constraints in a distributed development environment
- Ability to solve complex, multidisciplinary challenges in applied research and turn technology know-how into execution in a dynamic business environment
- Preferred candidate can work at least part-time in person (Raleigh, NC, USA). Remote work is an option.
- Competitive salary
- paid leave
- remote setup if needed
Fathom Science is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply: please submit your Resume/CV, LinkedIn URL, and GitHub URL to firstname.lastname@example.org